Explore what our IT experts do, how they do it and which methods they use.
Let's care for tomorrow
SPARK NEW INNOVATION
AND STRATEGIES IN TECHNOLOGY
Want to provide the technology that runs our business every day? At Allianz, IT collaborates and delivers on global initiatives and business projects.
Explore what our IT experts do, how they do it and which methods they use.
Information Security Officer
- As a business analyst at Allianz you work within IT or specialty departments to simplify complex financial models and product ideas for our customers.
- Our business analysts steer development teams in their daily interactions and track the progress and impact of transformation. As a business analyst, you support product owners by delivering user-centric products and assets. Business analysts prepare decisions on technical trade-offs, proposing prioritization of features and ideas based on business value, feasibility and stakeholder priorities.
- Agile methods such as Scrum in combination with innovation methods like Design Thinking lead us on our way towards solutions. Working with visual and functional prototypes provide tangible testing versions and speed up the development process.
- Our data scientists work in multidisciplinary teams of data engineers, solution architects and interaction designers. Together our teams pursue the mission to transform insurance processes and to generate data-driven impact with the help of artificial intelligence and other data technologies.
- At Allianz we have a large portfolio of both operational and visionary analytics projects and are committed to using state-of-the-art open source technologies. As a data scientist you conceive and develop end-to-end data driven solutions, including integration into final core systems to support business units and initiatives. Our data scientists measure the impact of the products developed through business KPIs. Working on different data products, the wide range of tasks reach from designing and implementing the entire data pipeline to prototyping direct and indirect action and interactive insights. Additionally, the investigation of new data technologies and contribution to the continual development of the Big Data architecture is part of the responsibilities. For database searches, our teams use statistical computer languages and established machine learning techniques such as Python. Deep Learning, Boosting and Random Forest are methods that help our data scientists arrange their daily work.
- Developers in Allianz are at the heart of our ability to deliver market leading experiences to millions of customers in countries all over the globe - every day. Whether you are excited by creating microservices to support millions of transactions using domain-driven design, or by seeing your website’s analytics improve due to a new micro-interaction you developed, Allianz provides a wide range of opportunities.
- Using the latest UX methodologies we strive to understand our customers’ true needs. Business and technology colleagues then form integrated teams to find solutions and deliver them using CI/CD pipelines to our hybrid cloud platform. Our DevOps team’s ability to deploy multiple times a day gives product owners the opportunity for continuous feedback, and teams the opportunity to continuously improve. All the while, our site reliability engineers ensure we are there for our customers when they need us.
- Our developers build software that positively affects millions of people using a cutting edge toolstack. With the option to develop in Angular, Java Spring Boot, Swift and Kotlin, Allianz offers a variety of tools to choose from. Our diverse international workforce fosters a truly collaborative environment and Allianz is dedicated to supporting your career development.
- Our teams interact with a variety of stakeholders and contribute to a broad variety of projects in close collaboration with other business units. On every project you will be part of a cross-functional team that works in an agile, collaborative, and iterative manner.
- In our line of business, it is vital that our customers trust us. Taking care of the highly sensitive data of our business, customers and employees is of the utmost importance.
- Information security officers work closely with our data privacy officers to ensure that our data processes are highly secure. As an information security officer, you support and consult our business units in the implementation of products and services. To ensure that new products are compliant with our internal IT and information security requirements as well as external binding requirements, our information security officers evaluate potential security risks and breaches. By setting up business impact analyses and risk analyses, e.g., with penetration tests of API’s and technical assessments of data flows, they make sure that productive data is protected.
- Data Security Officers permanently monitor and follow up on relevant regulatory and technical developments. They design security concepts and data flows in close cooperation with Legal, Compliance and other business units to enhance operational execution. In our fast-paced environment, you support the harmonization of customer journey excellence and regulatory and security challenges.
- The best products are developed when different perspectives and competencies come together. As a product owner you steer our agile teams towards realizing the product vision. Organizing the right skills at the right time is a key responsibility. Product owners coordinate the process of optimizing and developing products and internal processes. They manage the cooperation of cross-functional teams with business analysts, software architects and DevOps.
- With an array of tools at their disposal, product owners employ agile methodology to streamline workflows and continuously improve the product based on UX findings. Jira, Confluence and access to a wide range of other applications, help to manage the projects. Our teams benefit from full access to Git/GitHub Enterprise and test software structures. Allianz provides a flexible and stable infrastructure, thereby facilitating continuous deployment.
- The core responsibility of our software architects is to understand the business requirements and translate them into sustainable software solutions. Their tasks range from IT solution design for agile implementation projects to enterprise architecture methodologies leveraging economics of scale and short time-to-market. In close collaboration with local project teams, group platforms and other strategic partners, our software architects work on both conceptual and technical designs.
- Software architects provide guidance and ensure high quality support to development teams by understanding client-side technologies across the full IT stack. This includes UI related technologies like Angular or Java, integration architecture based on API, and core insurance backend systems.
- This ultimately leads to fast and efficient implementation and a high degree of reuse across multiple project initiatives on a global scale. Supporting product and process harmonization based on a consolidated IT landscape is the main strategic driver for software architects.
- In close cooperation with our business departments, software architects develop new solutions and ideas based on the Group Architecture Blueprint the global IT platforms for digital interaction, underwriting, pricing and policy management. For our internal IT environment, software architects provide standards and frameworks including technical and coding standards, tools, applications and platforms.
- Our user experience and user interface (UX/UI) designers play a key role in shaping the future of Allianz by creating solutions for our customers’ needs. They develop design strategies and translate research outcomes, strategic frameworks and business objectives, into easy-to-use, emotionally appealing and beautifully visualized applications.
- Our UX/UI designers work on projects across a wide spectrum of market sectors and locations. As part of interdisciplinary teams in the international environment of Allianz, you will collaborate with experts from design, project management, strategy and software developers across the globe. Solution-based teamwork, agile processes and project management tools assure continuous development on the job.
Find your next opportunity
From the very first day you join our team, you will know that your contributions are valued.
IT at Allianz
Our IT division is comprised of Application Development, Application Delivery, Business Engagement, IT Security & Risk Management, and Infrastructure Services.
Chatbots, voice assistants, cashless payments – we are not talking about the future, we are talking about digital projects currently happening around the Allianz world. To keep up with innovation, we are constantly working on creating great products and services for our customers. The MyAllianz app, for example, makes life easier for our customers: They can see the progress of their claims, check their policy information, upload documents, view customized information videos, and live chat with an Allianz employee. Cyber insurance products reflect our customers’ vulnerability in a digital world and are much more than protection against cyber-attacks. They meet the growing need of data protection due to increased threats of cyber-crime. The products are continuously adapted by our IT security experts to defend against new dangers.
We offer a variety of career opportunities in the IT area. Explore what suits you best.
Are you ready to learn more about IT internship opportunities working for a fast-paced, global organization? Then start your career, expand your skills, gain insights into our diverse IT world and accompany Allianz during its digital transformation. If you have strong analytical and technical skills, combine your ongoing studies with practical experience by joining us.
At Allianz Life, we have created the TechSTART Progran, an entry level program focused on developing new or recent IT grads. You will participate in a one year rotational IT training program focused on providing you with opportunities to fully develop core competencies across multiple areas of IT while gaining a holistic understanding of Allianz IT.
As an experienced IT professional, we encourage you to shape your career as an expert or manager with positions across the Allianz world. Our digital transformation requires innovative, creative and user-friendly solutions developed by IT experts with new perspectives. Explore the wide range of job opportunities and find your new challenge at Allianz.