Let's care for tomorrow
ENRICH YOUR APTITUDE FOR
ANALYSIS AS AN ACTUARY
ANALYSIS AS AN ACTUARY
Actuaries build the backbone of our business. They calculate costs and determine technical pricing, and help design our products. As strategic thinkers with a deep understanding of financial systems, our actuaries play a key role in the stability and future development of Allianz, and have a direct impact on business decisions. They work as business partners and consultants with our product managers and underwriters to provide technical expertise in order to ensure our products are best serving our customers while enabling Allianz to be more profitable and more competitive.
The responsibilities of our actuaries are manifold:
- Meet a wide range of challenges in our insurance sectors for fixed and variable annuities and life insurance and property & casualty: pricing, reserving, risk management, loss analysis, risk modeling, controlling and product development.
- Develop and apply models and tools to gain insights into the implications and containment of financial risks.
- Directly influence the business strategy by calculating the risk capital and the possible fluctuations of the reserves.
- Be directly involved in turning ideas into new products: Your tasks range from development, risk assessment and technical coordination of the product development process to pricing.
- Pro-actively monitor new trends and products from competitors. Analyzing and steering the external ratings of products and corporations are also part of your responsibilities.
As a global player, Allianz follows the highest global actuarial standards. Our actuaries have access to the latest data, our financial management systems as well as our group wide analysis and valuation methodologies. Depending on the position, you will work with leading data modeling software like Willis Towers Watson.
The continuous knowledge exchange with experts from different departments like Risk, Planning & Controlling and Accounting, as well as with actuaries in other Allianz entities around the world fosters an environment of personal growth and progress. Responsibilities are manifold and the latest data, solution approaches, economic forecasts and legal frameworks are at your fingertips.
Find your next opportunity
Actuaries at Allianz
We offer a variety of career opportunities in actuarial services.
Explore what suits you best.