To apply for jobs, that are displayed on the Allianz Career website and on job.allianz.com, we ask you to register at our e-Recruiting system and upload your application there. Please find our data privacy notice for the Allianz eRecruiting system below. At the end, you can access a list of Allianz companies who are using the Allianz e-Recruiting system to display jobs and manage applications.
Allianz SE (“Allianz“, “we, “us” or “our”) offers you a standardized online application system (the "eRecruiting" tool). The use of eRecruiting entails the processing of your personal information (this is data which can be linked/attributed to you, “Personal Data”). Allianz will pay special attention to protect your Personal Data in the context of using eRecruiting.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data?
2. What Personal Data will we collect?
We will collect the following types of your Personal Data in connection with the eRecruiting application system:
- Login details: Username and password
- Basic Personal Details, such as first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number, address, city, postal code, country
- Information you provide to us in your CV, for example work experience (start/end date, name of employers, job title, job description), your picture, educational background (start/end date, name of educational institution, degree, marks), etc.
- Your preferences that you provide to us via the eRecruiting tool (i.e. the kinds of jobs that you are interested in)
- Information stored in your social media profiles, as outlined below in Section 6
- Your IP address and browsing behaviour as outlined below in Section 7
- Any other personal information (including sensitive information as for example any disabilities) that you decide to voluntarily enter in your eRecruiting profile or include in your CV without being required to do so.
- You are not obliged to provide your Personal Data to us, but your chances of recruitment are improved if you update your profile with your current skills and interests. You can edit or delete your profile at any time.
3. For which purposes do we process your Personal Data?
We will process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To create your eRecruiting profile in the database, for technical support or for other related purposes, such as to present tailored job opportunities to you;
- To submit your application to Allianz Companies, as per your instruction via the eRecruiting tool;
- To be visible in the Global Talent Pool of Allianz: Please note that if you wish to use this feature, you first need to activate this functionality. Only then recruiters from Allianz Companies using eRecruiting can see your profile and offer you jobs in the event of current or future vacancies. You can deactivate this functionality again at any time via the eRecruiting tool.)
- To import your profile information from social media as outlined below in Section 6, where possible;
- To create anonymised reports (so that we can assess, for example, how many people applied for a specific job, without analysing specific applications);
- To establish, enforce or defend against legal claims and to meet legal obligations (for example, accounting, regulatory and administrative obligations), to comply with requests from courts or regulators or where it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of Allianz policies or terms.
4. Who will have access to your Personal Data?
For the purposes mentioned above, we will disclose your Personal Data to the following recipients or categories of recipients:
- HR-related functions within Allianz (for example, recruiters, HR Business Partners, HR Shared Services Centers)
- Other Allianz Companies if you decide to make your profile available on the Global Talent Pool or you submit an application to such Allianz Companies.
- Third party agents, service providers and advisers (for example, for providing HR or IT maintenance and support);
- Law enforcement, government authorities or courts where necessary to comply with applicable laws;
- Other parties in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings).
- We will not disclose your Personal Data to any parties who are not authorized to process them.
5. On which legal bases do we collect, process and use your Personal Data?
- To make your profile available to Allianz Companies, either via direct application or via the Global Talent Pool upon your request via the eRecruiting tool (as outlined above in Section 3);
- To present tailored job opportunities to you based on the information you provide in the eRecruiting tool and your preferences; and
- To import your Personal Data from your social media profiles, as outlined below in Section 6.
As the case may be, we will also process your Personal Data where this is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, where we have to produce Personal Data upon a legitimate and lawful request of a public authority);
6. Social media import functionality
The eRecruiting tool allows you to import Personal Data stored in social media in order to make the application process easier for you and to avoid having to add every single piece of information manually. When you use the import function, you grant us the permission to transmit the data you have stored in such social media. Depending on what kind of social network you want to connect with, this includes the following types of Personal Data:
- Basic Personal Details (such as first name, last name, e-mail address, address, city, postal code, country);
- Work experience (for example start/end date, name of employers, job title, job description);
- Educational background (such as start/end date, name of educational institution, degree, notes);
Further details can be found in the privacy policies of the respective social media providers. We are aware that the following providers have had in the past or still have import functions:
When you link your social media profiles to the eRecruiting tool, please also keep the following in mind:
- The link is established on a one-off basis. This means that you only enter your social network username and password once. We do not have permanent access to your social media profile but only limited, as described above, to import the aforementioned Personal Data.
- If you update your Personal Data on one of the afore mentioned social media, this does not entail an automatic update in the eRecruiting system. You either have to update the information in the eRecruiting system manually or import your Personal Data from your social media profile again.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by a web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We differentiate between two categories of cookies: (1) functional cookies, without which the functionality of the eRecruiting tool and connected portals such as the Allianz Career Website would be reduced, and (2) optional cookies used for website analysis. We only use optional cookies if we have obtained your prior consent. Upon your first access to the eRecruiting tool website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the setting of optional cookies. If your consent is given, we will place a cookie on your computer and the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie is active. After expiration of the cookie’s lifespan, or if you actively delete the cookie, the banner will reappear upon your next visit to the eRecruiting tool and again ask for your consent.
7.1 Google Analytics
Our desktop (https://www.allianz.com/careers/search) and mobile (https://www.allianz.com/careers/mobilesearch) application websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to improve the website and provide you with more suitable content. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (for example, page views, unique visits, time spent on website, the bounce rate, the referring URL and clicks on certain parts of the website) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Please note that we have activated the so called IP anonymization function. According to the information provided by Google, the last octet of the IP address will be truncated/anonymised for users who are located in the EU or EEA. Google Analytics privacy information is available under: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en. As per information by Google, they are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield (further information is available at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI), which is meant to ensure an adequate level of data protection with respect to the processing of data by Google in the US. Google will use anonymised information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to us. We can improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user with the statistics gained.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties as required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google confirms in their privacy notice not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
7.2 Further Cookies
Most of the other cookies we use are so-called session cookies, which are necessary to keep your use of the eRecruiting tool consistent, i.e. to ensure that, for example, no renewed login is required and that your preferences or other information already entered during the setup of your profile are retained during the session. In addition, we need session cookies to ensure that, based on your preferences, automatically the most relevant jobs are presented to you on our career website. These session cookies are automatically deleted when the session ends.
8. Where will my Personal Data be processed?
Your Personal Data may be processed worldwide, both inside and outside of the EU and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), by the parties specified above in Section 4. Please note that all countries, also within the EU or EEA, have different laws regarding the protection of Personal Data. When your Personal Data is transferred from your own country to another country, the laws and rules that protect your Personal Data in the country to which your information is transferred to may be different from those in your country and thus provide a lower data protection standard.
If you are resident of the EU or EEA and your Personal Data is transferred outside the EU or EEA, we will ensure that the recipient of the Personal Data provides for an adequate level of data protection, in particular, by implementing contractual safeguards such as the Allianz Privacy Standard as binding corporate rules between Allianz Companies for the transfer of Personal Data (for further information please contact our Data Protection Officer as set out in Section 12 or consult our webpage under: https://www.allianz.com/en/info/privacy-statement/), and standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission (more information can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en).
9. How do we protect your Personal Data?
Allianz maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. All our employees and contractual partners are bound by confidentiality and may only process your Personal Data based on the "need-to-know" principle.
10. How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We are committed to keep your Personal Data no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes the data was collected for or to fulfil our legal obligations. Therefore, your Personal Data will generally be deleted according to the following deletion rules:
- Your eRecruiting profile (and therewith also any individual job application) will be deleted if you are an external applicant (non-Allianz) and manually trigger the profile deletion via the eRecruiting tool or after 12 months from your last activity, unless you log in again. We will inform you after 11 months of inactivity to give you the chance to prevent the deletion of your profile.
- Your job applications submitted via the eRecruiting tool will be deleted 12 months after their submission.
11. What are your rights in respect of your Personal Data?
To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the right to:
- Access your Personal Data that you provided to us by using the eRecruiting tool or to request additional information such as, for example, the recipients (or categories thereof) of your Personal Data;
- Update or correct your Personal Data by using the eRecruiting tool so that it is always accurate (see more information below in section “how to delete your profile in Allianz eRecruiting;
- Delete your Personal Data via the eRecruiting tool;
- Obtain your Personal Data in the eRecruiting system in an electronic format;
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, for example, where you have contested the accuracy of your Personal Data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your Personal Data is processed with your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal and on processing done based on other legal bases, e.g. legitimate interest;
- File a complaint with a competent data protection authority.
Right to object
In the event and to the extent that we process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests as mentioned in Section 5, you have the right to object to the processing on specific grounds relating to your particular situation. In such case we will no longer process your Personal Data unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You may exercise these rights as far as this is possible directly through the eRecruiting tool or by contacting us via email at email@example.com or as detailed in Section 12 below, by providing your name, e-mail address and the purpose of your request.
If you have submitted your application to an Allianz Company, please contact this Company for further information on how to exercise your rights with regard to your Personal Data submitted to the Company.
12. How can you contact us?
Group Data Protection Officer