Claims Director - Asbestos - Anywhere in USA
Manage a team of claims adjusters and a caseload of complex asbestos accounts. ~crlf~Timely claim management of new loss assignments and reassignment.~crlf~Develop account strategy and manage mass tort litigation.~crlf~Evaluate asbestos cases.~crlf~Provide defense counsel and vendor oversight based upon an agreed litigation strategy.~crlf~Identify appropriate cases for trial and complete pre-trial and trial activities. ~crlf~Understand coverage issues and make complex coverage decisions. ~crlf~~crlf~This position will report to the VP, Asbestos/Pollution/Health Hazard Claims.
• Provide administrative direction by managing the staff and work of the asbestos claims team to ensure client satisfaction; high quality and consistent claim handling services; and appropriate budget management.~crlf~• Provide technical direction by staying informed of the latest industry trends, providing guidance and training on the evaluation of underlying and coverage claims, regular interaction with account managers and periodic review of their files. ~crlf~• Proactively manage claim expenses and push accounts towards resolution. ~crlf~• Understand asbestos claim trends and their impact on individual accounts as well as the entire portfolio. Use this information to positively impact the portfolio. ~crlf~• Participate in the development and execution of the AZRA US business strategy workflows and processes and define the immediate and long-range staffing and service level requirements to meet business objectives.~crlf~• Analyze and report trends affecting production, staff and expenses; develop and implement corrective actions to overcome unfavorable trends consistent with business strategy.~crlf~• Build effective business relationships throughout claims segments and with reinsurance and external clients in order to obtain and share information across the segments.~crlf~• Ensure the knowledge based business culture and environment is set to embrace operational excellence by continuously improving service quality, exceeding client expectations and seeking opportunities to reduce the costs of service and delivery.~crlf~• Incumbents will have an overall commitment to staff and talent management including workforce planning, goal setting, performance management, development and succession planning. Guide individual development to improve bench strength development. Constantly recruit for AZRA within the local marketplace.~crlf~• Incumbents will lead and embrace change, be flexible, adopt and understand change issues. ~crlf~• Provide visible leadership for change management.~crlf~~crlf~
• Possess business acumen, understand business and economic environment of U.S. asbestos claims, AZRA US and the insurance industry as a whole.~crlf~• Ability to manage multiple locations and/or remotely.~crlf~• Strong asbestos claims background including technical expertise, quantitative skills and coverage experience.~crlf~• Clear understanding of accountabilities within a matrix organization; successfully function in both a solid and dotted line reporting structure.~crlf~• Proven ability to motivate a staff to excellence. Accountability for making sure the staff they employ meet the competencies and skills set by the technical line of business.~crlf~• Demonstrated skill to employ the AZRA US leadership model competencies in work relationships and activities; challenge conventional thought and processes, identify alternate solutions to issues and derive logical solutions; establish a work environment which encourages and rewards risk taking and creative thinking; facilitate teamwork; lead by example and foster change; communicate effectively; plan, budget, staff and monitor results.~crlf~• Strong interpersonal communication skills are a priority. Marketing and presentation skills are desired.~crlf~~crlf~
At Allianz, we foster a workplace where every person feels welcome, connected, and valued.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.~crlf~~crlf~Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Re is the Group’s reinsurance vehicle which actively manages risk and capital. Our range of activities include reinsurance, capital management, run-off, cat risk management, risk data analytics and new business developments such as MidCorp. This strong combination of skills, experience, innovative mindset and capacity drives our mission of understanding risk and creating value.
Please submit your complete application documents (incl. CV, certificates, references and motivation letter).~crlf~~crlf~We are looking forward to receiving your application via the “Apply”- button.~crlf~~crlf~Allianz SE Reinsurance is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes all applications regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life.~crlf~~crlf~
Nutze Google Assistant um dich mittels unseres Job-Interview-Trainings optimal auf dein Bewerbungsgespräch vorzubereiten. Informiere dich im Interview-Training über:
- Details zum Bewerbungsprozess
- Zahlen und Fakten zur Allianz
- Unsere Unternehmenskultur
Wie das funktioniert? Lass den Google Assistant über dein Smartphone oder Google Home Gerät wissen: “Hey Google, I want to talk to Allianz Careers.” Bitte beachte, dass unser Job-Interview-Training über den Google Assistant ausschließlich auf Englisch verfügbar ist.
Registriere dich in unserem Bewerbungssystem; du erhältst dann in Kürze eine Bestätigungs-E-Mail mit deinen Zugangsdaten. Füll anschließend das Bewerbungsformular aus. Du kannst deine Daten auch über Xing hochladen.
Mehr Informationen zu unseren Passwortregeln findest du in unseren FAQs.
Bitte beachte, dass das System keine ZIP-Dateien, geschützte PDF-Formate oder Anhänge von mehr als 7 MB verarbeiten kann. Du kannst deine Daten in folgenden Formaten hochladen:
- MS Office Formate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
- Joint Photographic (Experts) Group Format (.jpeg)
- Portable Network Graphics (.png)
Weitere Informationen dazu findest du in unseren FAQs.
Melde dich in unserem Bewerbungssystem an und prüfe deine persönliche Startseite, um den Stand deiner Bewerbung einzusehen. Du kannst dein Profil freigeben, sodass unsere Recruiter dich im System finden und kontaktieren können.
Weitere Informationen dazu findest du in unseren FAQs.
Keine passende Stelle gefunden? Da können wir dir helfen. Melde dich für unseren Job-Alarm an! Du erhältst eine auf dich zugeschnittene Benachrichtigung, wenn eine Stelle, die deinen Erfahrungen und Interessen entspricht, frei wird.